The Western North Carolina Conference Board of Laity
The LAITY ADDRESS
2016 Annual Conference
Conference theme: “Go Light the World”
Any United Methodist interested in presenting a 10 to 12 minute address on the subject of “Go Light the World” at Annual Conference at Lake Junaluska in June 2016 is invited to submit a proposed address for consideration.
Matthew 5: 14-16
Jesus said, “You are the light of the world. A city built on a hill cannot be hid. No one after lighting a lamp puts it under the bushel basket, but on the lampstand, and it gives light to all in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father in heaven.” NRSV
- Submissions must be based on the theme or a closely related one.
- Submissions must have a cover page with the following information: Name of submitter, mailing address, telephone number, e-mail address, local church, District, and a recommendation signature of the Local Church Lay Leader. Manuscripts must be typewritten and pages must be numbered.
- Manuscripts must be received by Friday March 22, 2016.
- The actual presentation must be as submitted in the manuscript.
- This invitation is open to all United Methodist Laity in the Western North Carolina Conference, excluding members of the Board on Laity.
Send submissions to: Wade D. Loftin, Conference Director of Lay Servant Ministries, 5570 Windemere Circle, Trinity, NC by Friday March 22, 2016. Submissions may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If any question I can be reached at (336) 431-7458 or 336-687-6029.